lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mike Sokolov <soko...@ifactory.com>
Subject updates not reflected in solr admin
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 14:49:59 GMT
This is in 1.4 - we push updates via SolrJ; our application sees the
updates, but when we use the solr admin screens to run test queries, or
use Luke to view the schema and field values, it sees the database in
its state prior to the commit.  I think eventually this seems to
propagate, but I'm not clear how often since we generally restart the
(tomcat) server in order to get the new commit to be visible.

I saw a comment recently (from Lance) that there is (annoying) HTTP
caching enabled by default in solrconfig.xml.  Does this sound like
something that would be caused by that cache?  If so, I'd probably want
to disable it.   Does that affect performance of queries run via SolrJ?
Also: why isn't that cache flushed by a commit?  Seems weird...

--
Michael Sokolov
Engineering Director