lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Comment Unused portions in solrconfig
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2011 04:20:31 GMT

: I have little bit concerned about, if I comment those unused modules from
: solrconfig.xml, whether it will used to increase search performance little
: bit. ?? Or if I comment then it will affect any of the Solr
: operations/performance ??

there may be some things you are using w/o realizing it so you should
definitely test out any changes -- but once you know you don't need
something, commenting it out should be fine.

is it worth it?

probably not.  but in general most unuse request handlers and components
and what not take up very little resources -- a small amount of ram that
you likely won' even notice getting back. it's certainly possible for a
solr plugin to eat up huge gobs or ram and/or spin up background threads
that consume lots of CPU even when you don't use them -- but nothing
in the example configs behaves like that.

-Hoss