lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Solr architecture diagram
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 10:09:56 GMT
Hi,

Glad you liked it. You'd like to model the inner architecture of SolrJ as well, do you? Perhaps
that should be a separate diagram.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

On 6. apr. 2011, at 12.06, Stevo Slavić wrote:

> Nice, thank you!
>
> Wish there was something similar or extra to this one depicting where
> do SolrJ's CommonsHttpSolrServer and EmbeddedSolrServer fit in.
>
> Regards,
> Stevo.
>
> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Jan Høydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> At Cominvent we've often had the need to visualize the internal architecture of Apache
Solr in order to explain both the relationships of the components as well as the flow of data
and queries. The result is a conceptual architecture diagram, clearly showing how Solr relates
to the app-server, how cores relate to a Solr instance, how documents enter through an UpdateRequestHandler,
through an UpdateChain and Analysis and into the Lucene index etc.

>> The drawing is created using Google draw, and the original is shared on Google Docs.
We have licensed the diagram under the permissive Creative Commons "CC-by" license which lets
you use, modify and re-distribute the diagram, even commercially, as long as you attribute
us with a link.