lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Sethi, Parampreet" <parampreet.se...@teamaol.com>
Subject ClientUtil.escapeQueryChars and Solr Search
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 16:46:46 GMT
Hi All,

I am using ClientUtil.escapeQueryChars  function to escape query characters, before I make
call to Solr (using Solr 1.3) server through Solrj client in Java.

The issue is any query with space, is getting escaped. For example chicken tikka is escaped
to chicken\ tikka. When the escaped query is searched on Solr, it returns only 4 results.
If I search the chicken tikka directly, it returns me 1502 records.

Has anyone come across similar problem related to ClientUtil.escapeQueryChars  function? Is
there a way, that Solr can ignore the escape character and searches chicken\ tikka as it would
normally do?

Thanks
Param