lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Saler, Jeff" <JSA...@ball.com>
Subject querying in Java
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:40:55 GMT
Is there any way to query for data that is in any field, i.e. not using
a specific field name?

For example, when I use the following statements:

                SolrQuery  query = new SolrQuery();

                Query.setQuery("ANALYST:John Schummers");

      QueryResponse  rsp = server.query(query);

I get the documents I'm looking for.

But I would like to get the same set of documents without using the
specific ANALYST field name.

I have tried using just "Schummers" as the query, but no documents are
returned.

The ANALYST field is an indexed field.