lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Marius van Zwijndregt <pionw...@gmail.com>
Subject Solr 3.1 performance compared to 1.4.1
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 13:53:09 GMT
Hello !

I'm new to the list, have been using SOLR for roughly 6 months and love it.

Currently i'm setting up a 3.1 installation, next to a 1.4.1 installation
(Ubuntu server, same JVM params). I have copied the configuration from 1.4.1
to the 3.1.
Both version are running fine, but one thing ive noticed, is that the QTime
on 3.1, is much slower for initial searches than on the (currently
production) 1.4.1 installation.

For example:

Searching with 3.1; http://mysite:9983/solr/select?q=grasmaaier: QTime
returns 371
Searching with 1.4.1: http://mysite:8983/solr/select?q=grasmaaier: QTime
returns 59

Using debugQuery=true, i can see that the main time is spend in the query
component itself (org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent).

Can someone explain this, and how can i analyze this further ? Does it take
time to build up a decent query, so could i switch to 3.1 without having to
worry ?

Thanks !