lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jason Rutherglen <jason.rutherg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can the Suggester be updated incrementally?
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 04:42:38 GMT
It's answered on the wiki site:

"TSTLookup - ternary tree based representation, capable of immediate
data structure updates"

Although the EdgeNGram technique is probably more widely adopted, eg,
it's closer to what Google has implemented.

http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2009/09/08/auto-suggest-from-popular-queries-using-edgengrams/

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 9:37 PM, Andy <angelflow@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm interested in using Suggester (http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Suggester) for auto-complete
on the field "Document Title".

> Does Suggester (either FST, TST or Jaspell) support incremental updates? Say I want to
add a new document title to the Suggester, or to change the weight of an existing document
title, would I need to rebuild the entire tree for every update?

> Also, can the Suggester be sharded? If the size of the tree gets bigger than the RAM
size, is it possible to shard the Suggester across multiple machines?