lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Matheis <matheis.ste...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Solrj performance bottleneck
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 14:39:44 GMT
rahul,

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 4:18 PM, rahul <asharudeen@gmail.com> wrote:
> if anybody has some suggestions/experience on how to leverage autosuggestion
> without affecting search performance much, please do share them.

we use javascript intervals for autosuggestion. regularly check the
value of the monitored input field and if changed, trigger a new
request. this will cover both cases, slow-typing users and also
ten-finger-guys (which will type much faster). a new request for every
added character is indeed too much, even if your backend is responding
within a few ms.

Regards
Stefan