lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucid Works
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 22:14:13 GMT

On Apr 8, 2011, at 17:32 , Mark wrote:

> How come this new version is bundled with rails and why is there no .war output format?

Rails, via JRuby, is used in LucidWorks Enterprise for both the admin and search interfaces.
(and also powers the Alerts REST API).

> I wanted a simple drop in replacement for my current war :(

LucidWorks Enterprise is a standalone install, and intentionally controls the full environment
(using Jetty).  While it *is* Solr, it is also a lot more around it and a product we are supporting
thoroughly.   It's better for us, and our customers, to have as controlled an environment
as possible.

As a search engine user, especially with LucidWorks Enterprise, the idea is to speak an API
to it (a REST control API, as well as standard Solr HTTP interface)... making dropping in
newer versions relatively straightforward.

[an aside, there are plans to release a LucidWorks for Solr 3.1/.x certified distribution
too - I can't speak to the timeline of such a release though]

	Erik