lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andreas Kemkes <a5s...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Solr 1.4.1 and Tika 0.9 - some tests not passing
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 20:54:40 GMT
Thank you.  That is valuable guidance.

In light of the recent release of Solr 3.1, I decided to first try that 
distribution, as it already uses Tika 0.8, which is much closer to my target.

Out of the box (i.e., w/o replacing the Tika and PDFBox libraries) the tests 
pass, yet I see the error below.  When I change

ignoreException("unknown field 'a'");

to 

ignoreException("unknown field 'meta'");

in the testDefaultField test, the error output goes away.

I am wondering, if that particular error is expected, or whether the error 
should in fact be "unknown field 'a'" and I'm only masking an issue with the 
change.

All extraction test pass also after I replace the Tika and PDFBox libraries with 
the newer versions.

-- Andreas

test:
    [junit] Testsuite: org.apache.solr.handler.ExtractingRequestHandlerTest
    [junit] Tests run: 8, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 6.424 sec
    [junit] 
    [junit] ------------- Standard Error -----------------
    [junit] 01/04/2011 22:49:59 org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
    [junit] SEVERE: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: ERROR:unknown field 
'meta'
    [junit] at 
org.apache.solr.update.DocumentBuilder.toDocument(DocumentBuilder.java:321)
    [junit] at 
org.apache.solr.update.processor.RunUpdateProcessor.processAdd(RunUpdateProcessorFactory.java:60)

    [junit] at 
org.apache.solr.handler.extraction.ExtractingDocumentLoader.doAdd(ExtractingDocumentLoader.java:121)

    [junit] at 
org.apache.solr.handler.extraction.ExtractingDocumentLoader.addDoc(ExtractingDocumentLoader.java:126)

    [junit] at 
org.apache.solr.handler.extraction.ExtractingDocumentLoader.load(ExtractingDocumentLoader.java:198)

    [junit] at 
org.apache.solr.handler.ContentStreamHandlerBase.handleRequestBody(ContentStreamHandlerBase.java:55)

    [junit] at 
org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:129)

    [junit] at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1360)
    [junit] at 
org.apache.solr.util.TestHarness.queryAndResponse(TestHarness.java:337)
    [junit] at 
org.apache.solr.handler.ExtractingRequestHandlerTest.loadLocal(ExtractingRequestHandlerTest.java:373)

    [junit] at 
org.apache.solr.handler.ExtractingRequestHandlerTest.testDefaultField(ExtractingRequestHandlerTest.java:156)






________________________________
From: Chris Hostetter <hossman_lucene@fucit.org>
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Thu, March 31, 2011 7:19:05 PM
Subject: Re: Solr 1.4.1 and Tika 0.9 - some tests not passing


: I'm still interested on what steps I could take to get to the bottom of the 
: failing tests.  Is there additional information that I should provide?

i'm not really up to speed on what might have changed in Tika 0.9 to cause 
this, but the best thing to do would probably be to look at what *does* 
work compared to what doesn't work.

if *none* of hte asserts for dealing with an html doc work, that suggests 
that fundementally something is just completley broken about the html 
parsing.

Consider this first assertion failure...

: assertQ(req("title:Welcome"), "//*[@numFound='1']");

...in the context of what you said tika 0.9 gives you for that doc on the 
command line...

: $ java -jar tika-app-0.9.jar 
: 
../../../apache-solr-1.4.1-with-tika-0.9/contrib/extraction/src/test/resources/simple.html

    ...
: <title>Welcome to Solr</title>

...if that basic little bit of info can't be extracted, then i'm guessing 
nothing is being extracted.

I would suggest you run the example (with the 0.9 tika jars) and manually 
attempt to index one document, and then use the schema browser to see 
exactly what gets indexed.

you may need to experiment with tweaking the config options for the 
extraction handler.

-Hoss

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message