lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jens Flaaris <jjflaa...@saxotech.com>
Subject XS DateTime format
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 07:09:53 GMT
Hi,

I just have a small question regarding the output format of fields of type TrieDateField.
If a document containing the date 0001-01-01T01.01.01Z is passed to Solr and I then try to
search for that document the output of the date field is of format Y-MM-DDThh:mm:ssZ. The
first three zeros are missing. According to XML specification found on w3.org yyyy in XS DateTime
is a four-or-more digit optionally negative-signed numeral that represents the year. Is it
intentional that Solr strips leading zeros for the first four digits?

Thanks
Jens Jørgen Flaaris