lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Huss <hussdl1985-solrus...@yahoo.de>
Subject Searching performance suffers tremendously during indexing
Date Sat, 30 Apr 2011 22:35:11 GMT
Hi everyone,

our Solr-based search is unresponsive while documents are being indexed.
The documents to index (results of a DB query) are sent to Solr by a
daemon in batches of varying size. The number of documents per batch may
vary between one and several hundreds of thousands.

Before investigating any further, I would like to ask if this can be
considered an issue at all. I was expecting Solr to handle concurrent
indexing/searching quite well, in fact this was one of the main reasons
for chosing Solr over the searching capabilities of our RDMS.

Is searching performance *supposed* to drop while documents are being
indexed?