lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: Search across related/correlated multivalue fields in Solr
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 18:50:44 GMT
This kind of thing is really easy in an XML database. That is an XPath expression, not even
a search.

MarkLogic implements it with search engine technology, but you don't have to care about that.

wunder
Walter Underwood, MarkLogic

On Apr 27, 2011, at 11:43 AM, Renaud Delbru wrote:

> On 27/04/11 19:37, Renaud Delbru wrote:
>> Hi Jason,
>>
>> On 27/04/11 19:25, Jason Rutherglen wrote:
>>> Renaud,
>>>
>>> Can you provide a brief synopsis of how your system works?
>>
>> SIREn provides a new "field type" for Solr. In this particular SIREn
>> field, the data is not a piece of text, but is organised in a table.
>> Then, SIREn provides query objects to query a specific cell (or group of
>> cell) of this table, a specific row (or group of rows), etc.
>>
>> So, let's take the example of ronotica,
>> you want to index a 1:N relationships between students and educations.
>> Your Solr document will look like:
>> doc {
>> student_id: 100
>> firstname: john
>> lastname: doe
>> education: {
>> [[2008], [OHIO_ST]],
>> [[2010]], [YALE]]
>> }
>> }
>>
>> where student_id, firstname and lastname are normal solr fields, and
>> education is a siren field. This field represents a table with two
>> columns, degreeYear and Institution, and where each row represent an
>> entry, or record, associated to the student.
>>
>> Then, you can use SIREn to query a document having a row matching 2010
>> and Yale. In this case, SIREn will not return you the john doe student.
>
> I meant "to query a document having a row matching 2010 and *OHIO_ST*" instead of Yale.
Sorry for the confusion.

--
Walter Underwood
Venture ASM, Troop 14, Palo Alto