lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From David Murphy <dmurphy...@yahoo.com>
Subject does overwrite=false work with json
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2011 14:25:51 GMT
I'm doing some performance benchmarking of Solr and I started with a single big
JSON file containing all the docs that I'm sending via curl. The results are
fantastic - I'm achieving an indexing rate of about 44,000 docs/sec using this
method (these are really small test docs). In the past I have used CSV and
adding overwrite=false to the URL increased performance when doing a fresh
reindex when I know all the document ids are unique. I tried this with the JSON
upload, and nothing seemed to change.  Is this supposed to work with the JSON
update handler?

Anyway, Solr is doing spectacular against the competition so far.  Keep up the
great work!

--Dave