lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: help with Solr installation within Tomcat7
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 22:08:42 GMT
What error are you receiving? Check your config files for any
absolute rather than relative paths would be my first guess...

Best
Erick

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 10:09 AM,  <ramdev.wudali@thomsonreuters.com> wrote:
> Hi All:
>   I have just started using Solr and have it successfully installed within a Tomcat7
Webapp server.
> I have also indexed documents using the SolrJ interfaces. The following is my problem:
>
> I installed Solr under Tomcat7 folders and setup an xml configuration file to indicate
the Solr home variables as detailed on the wiki (for Solr install within TOmcat)
> The indexes seem to reside within the solr_home folder under the data folder  (<Solr_home>/data/index
)

> However when I make a zip copy of the the complete install (i.e. tomcat with Solr), and
move it to a different machine and unzip/install it,
> The index seems to be inaccessible. (I did change the solr.xml configuration variables
to point to the new location)

> From what I know, with tomcat installations, it should be as simple as zipping a current
working installation and unzipping/installing  on a different machine/location.

> Am I missing something that makes Solr "hardcode" the path to the index in an install
?

> Simple plut, I would like to know how to "transport" an existing install of Solr within
TOmcat 7 from one machine to another and still have it working.