lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Drew Kutcharian <d...@venarc.com>
Subject Looking for a Lucene/Solr Contractor
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 18:40:41 GMT
Hi Everyone,

We are looking for someone to help us build a similarity engine. Here are some preliminary
specs for the project.

1) We want to be able to show similar posts when a user posts a new block of text. A good
example of this is StackOverflow. When a user tries to ask a new question, the system displays
similar questions.

2) This is for a messaging system, so indexing/analysis should happen preferably at the time
of posting, not later.

3) The posts are going to be less than 1000 characters.

4) We anticipate to have a millions of posts so the solution should consider sharding techniques
to shard the indexes on many machines.

5) The solution can be delivered as a stand alone Java SE solution which can be run from the
command line, no web development necessary.

6) We expect clean APIs.

Thanks,

Drew