lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Greg Georges <greg.geor...@biztree.com>
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 21:45:06 GMT
Hello all,

I have a small problem with my faceting fields. In all I create a new faceting field which
is indexed and not stored, and use copyField. The problem is I facet on category names which
have examples like this

Policies & Documentation (37)<http://localhost:8080/apache-solr-1.4.1/select?q=Checklist%20Employee%20Hiring&facet=on&facet.field=fcategoryName&fq=fcategoryName:Policies%20&%20Documentation>
Forms & Checklists (22)<http://localhost:8080/apache-solr-1.4.1/select?q=Checklist%20Employee%20Hiring&facet=on&facet.field=fcategoryName&fq=fcategoryName:Forms%20&%20Checklists>

Right now my fields were using the string type, which is not got because I think by default
it is using a tokenizer etc.. I think I must define a new type field so that my category names
will be properly indexed as a facet field. Here is what I have now

<field name="categoryName" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" />
<field name="typeName" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" />
<field name="ftypeName" type="string" indexed="true" stored="false" multiValued="true"/>
<field name="fcategoryName" type="string" indexed="true" stored="false" multiValued="true"/>

<copyField source="typeName" dest="ftypeName"/>
<copyField source="categoryName" dest="fcategoryName"/>

Can someone give me a type configuration which will support my category names which have whitespaces
and ampersands?

Thanks in advance

Greg