lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Solr performance issue
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 15:39:51 GMT
The host is dual quad-core, each Xen VM has been given two CPUs.  Not
counting dom0, two of the hosts have 10/8 CPUs allocated, two of them
have 8/8.  The dom0 VM is also allocated two CPUs.

I'm not really sure how that works out when it comes to Java running on
the VM, but if at all possible, it is likely that Xen would try and keep
both VM cpus on the same physical CPU and the VM's memory allocation on
the same NUMA node.  If that's the case, it would meet what you've
stated as the recommendation for incremental mode.

Shawn