lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Scott Yeadon <scott.yea...@anu.edu.au>
Subject Re: Query on multivalue field
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 22:46:51 GMT
The only trick with this is ensuring the searches return the right
results and don't go across value boundaries. If I set the gap to the
largest text size we expect (approx 5000 chars) what impact does such a
large value have (i.e. does Solr physically separate these fragments in
the index or just apply the figure as part of any query?

Scott.

On 2/03/11 9:01 AM, Ahmet Arslan wrote:
>> In a multiValued field, call it field1, if I have two
>> values indexed to
>> this field, say value 1 = "some text...termA...more text"
>> and value 2 =
>> "some text...termB...more text" and do a search such as
>> field1:(termA termB)
>> (where<solrQueryParser defaultOperator="AND"/>) I'm
>> getting a hit
>> returned even though both terms don't occur within a single
>> value in the
>> multiValued field.
>>
>> What I'm wondering is if there is a way of applying the
>> query against
>> each value of the field rather than against the field in
>> its entirety.
>> The reason being is the number of values I want to store is
>> variable and
>> I'd like to avoid the use of dynamic fields or
>> restructuring the index
>> if possible.
> Your best bet can be using positionIncrementGap and to issue a phrase query (implicit
AND) with the appropriate slop value.