lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>
Subject Re: solr different sizes on master and slave
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 21:40:32 GMT
The slave should not keep multiple copies _permanently_, but might
temporarily after it's fetched the new files from master, but before
it's committed them and fully wamred the new index searchers in the
slave.  Could that be what's going on, is your slave just still working
on committing and warming the new version(s) of the index?

[If you do 'commit' to slave (and a replication pull counts as a
'commit') so quick that you get overlapping commits before the slave was
able to warm a new index... its' going to be trouble all around.]