lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Lock obtain timed out: NativeFSLock
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 01:07:46 GMT

: I'm going to go ahead and replay to myself since I solved my problem.  It
: seems I was doing one more update to the data at the end and wasn't doing a
: commit, so it then couldn't write to the other core.  Adding the last commit
: seems to have fixed everything.

sending interleaving updates to multiple cores shouldn't have caused any
locking related problems -- unless for some reason both cores are using
the same index (ie: do you have them configured to use the same data
directory?)

that would be very bad.  (if you are doing this intentionally, please
explain your goal, because i can't think of any reason why you might want
two solr cores in the same solr instance wanting to use the same solr

-Hoss