lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: Migration from Solr 1.2 to Solr 1.4
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 03:36:57 GMT

: I have huge numbers of data indexed in solr and I would know the best way to
: migrate it ?
: A simple cp of the data directory can work ?

if you don't have any custom components, you can probably just use
your entire solr home dir as is -- just change the solr.war.  (you can't
just copy the data dir though, you need to use the same configs)

test it out, and note the "Upgrading" notes in the CHANGES.txt for the
1.3, 1.4, and 1.4.1 releases for "gotchas" that you might wnat to watch
out for.

View raw message