lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject RE: match count per shard and across shards
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 00:25:17 GMT

: Interesting idea. I must investigate if this is a possibility - eg. how often
: will a document be reindexed from one shard to another - this is actually a
: possibility as a consequence of the way we configure our shards :-/
:
: Thanks for the input! I was still hoping for a way to get that info from
: Solr. The idea is the same: facet the Solr-shard position of each
: document...

you could configure this field with a 'default' attribute in the
schema.xml which is differnet per shard and then never worry about it --
whatever machine it indexed on it will get that vlaue.

managing the different schema.xml's might be a pain (does system property
substitution work on schema.xml? i can't remember) but the same thing
could be done with a simple little UpdateProcessor.

-Hoss