lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@hoplahup.net>
Subject best practice for solr-power jsp?
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 23:13:38 GMT

Hello list,

this was asked again recently but I still see no answer.
What is the best practice to write jsp files that are, for example, search results of solr?

The only relevant thing I found is
		http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-solr1/
"Search smarter with Apache Solr" at IBM devleoper works by Grant Ingersoll.

But that one is very old.

Imitating it, I would write a servlet that grabs the components and puts them as request attributes
then dispatch to a jsp.

Is there a better way?
Is such code already part of a more widespread distribution?
I know there's velocity, and that one works well, but testing in velocity is really too much
a pain.

paul