lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Monitor the QTime.
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2011 02:24:16 GMT
If you're a unix shell scripting wiz, here are a few strategies.

Tail the logfile and filter for the string 'QTime'. The number is the
very last string in the line. So, strip the text between the timestamp
and the number- sort by the timestamp first and the number second. Now
 grab the first qtime for each timestamp. I don't know a command for
this. This gives you the longest query time for each second.

As a separate trick: tail the logfile and filter for QTime. Then,
strip out all text after the time. Now you have a stream of lines with
a timestamp. Run this through 'uniq -c' and voila! you get the queries
per second for each timestamp.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com