lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Difference between Solr and Lucidworks distribution
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 03:49:32 GMT
Right. LWE binaries are distributed for free, and may be used for
non-production purposes. For a production deployment, separate
subscriptions are required. It is effectively the same as requiring
payment for a production deployment license bundled with a support
subscription.

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Adam Estrada
<estrada.adam.groups@gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe that the Lucid Works distro for Solr is free and as you mentioned they only
appear to sell their services for it. I have used that version for several demos because it
does seem to have all the bells and whistles already included and it's super easy to set up.
The only downside in my case is that they are still on the official release version 1.4.1
which has an older version of PDFBox that doesn't parse PDF's generated from newer adobe software.
Thanks Adobe ;-) It's easy enough to just rebuild Tika, PDFBox, FontBox, etc. and swap them
out...If you want spatial support, you can use the plugin from the Spatial Solr project out
of the Netherlands which is designed to support 1.4.1 and from what I can tell seems to work
pretty well.

> Anyway, when 4.0 is released, hopefully with the extended spatial support from projects
like SIS and JTS, I hope to see the office distro version change from Lucid.

> Thanks for all hard work the Lucid Team has provided over the years!
>
> Adam
>
> On Feb 12, 2011, at 10:55 PM, Andy wrote:
>
>> Now I'm confused.

Enterprise Software is stated as "FREE". I thought the price for "Production" was for the
support service, not for the software.

>> But you seem to be saying that 'LucidWorks Enterprise' is a separate software that
isn't free. Did I misunderstand?

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com