lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From ".: Abhishek :." <ab1s...@gmail.com>
Subject Nutch and Solr search on the fly
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 03:29:44 GMT
Hi all,

 I am a newbie to nutch and solr. Well relatively much newer to Solr than
Nutch :)

 I have been using nutch for past two weeks, and I wanted to know if I can
query or search on my nutch crawls on the fly(before it completes). I am
asking this because the websites I am crawling are really huge and it takes
around 3-4 days for a crawl to complete. I want to analyze some quick
results while the nutch crawler is still crawling the URLs. Some one
suggested me that Solr would make it possible.

 I followed the steps in
http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2009/03/09/nutch-solr/ for this. By
this process, I see only the injected URLs are shown in the Solr search. I
know I did something really foolish and the crawl never happened, I feel I
am missing some information here. I think somewhere in the process there
should be a crawling happening and I missed it out.

 Just wanted to see if some one could help me pointing this out and where I
went wrong in the process. Forgive my foolishness and thanks for your
patience.

Cheers,
Abi