lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Gora Mohanty <g...@mimirtech.com>
Subject Re: Monitor the QTime.
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2011 09:51:48 GMT
On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 4:54 AM, Stijn Vanhoorelbeke
<stijn.vanhoorelbeke@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> Can you access this URL from a web browser (tried but doesn't work ) ? Or
> must this used in jConsole / custom made java program.

Please try http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/stats.jsp (change hostname/port as
needed).

> Could you please point me to a good guide to implement this JMX stuff, cause
> I'm a newbie for JMX.

The easiest way to get access to JMX is indeed a Java console, like jconsole.
There are various open-source JMX clients available, but we could find none
that met our needs, and were being actively maintained. We have been
toying with the idea of a JMX client that offers a REST API to Solr MBeans
(or even to any generic MBeans). This would be a more natural interface for
people used to web development.

Regards,
Gora