lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Script Head <scripth...@gmail.com>
Subject Partial matches don't work (solr.NGramFilterFactory
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 19:07:51 GMT
Hello,

I have the following definitions in my schema.xml:

<fieldType name="testedgengrams" class="solr.TextField">
    <analyzer type="index">
        <tokenizer class="solr.LowerCaseTokenizerFactory"/>
        <filter class="solr.NGramFilterFactory" minGramSize="3"
maxGramSize="15"/>
    </analyzer>
    <analyzer type="query">
        <tokenizer class="solr.LowerCaseTokenizerFactory"/>
    </analyzer>
</fieldType>
<field name="text_ngrams" type="testedgengrams" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
<copyField source="text_ngrams" dest="text"/>

There is a document "Hippopotamus is fatter than a Platypus" indexed.
When I search for "Hippopotamus" I receive the expected result. When I
search for any partial such as "Hippo" or "potamu" I get nothing. I
could use some guidance.

Script Head