lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Lewis.McGibb...@gcu.ac.uk>
Subject FW: Alternative to Solrj
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 14:16:19 GMT
Only a thought, but maybe a better approach to me finding a solution would be for someone to
explain the process undertaken by Solr after a query has been passed and how results are displayed.
Hopefully this would enable me to think more laterally about how I may implement my ideas.
It would be my intention to implement a search box on every results page, which would then
enable users to recursively search if this was required.

Again, any help would be appreciated
From: McGibbney, Lewis John [Lewis.McGibbney@gcu.ac.uk]
Sent: 11 February 2011 13:40
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Alternative to Solrj

Hi list,

I have been looking at an alternative UI config displaying retrieved results from Solr after
a query has been passed. At this point, I am not interested in Solrj as all I wish to change
is the default responseWriter (line 1007 of Solrconfig). I've also noticed a snippet of default
CSS code included in /conf/xslt/example.xsl and understand that all response writers are located
in $SOLR_HOME/src/java/org/apache/solr/request and that the default is XSLTResponseWriter.java.
Basically I wish to keep code for the search UI as simple as possible (ideally write a simple
JSP and CSS ), however I now find that this configuration is proving slightly more confusing
in practice. My thinking is as follows, write own responseWriter, include within it my CSS
template then specify the responseWriter in solrconfig along with the java class. Can anyone
advise me on this from their own experiences.

Thank you

Lewis

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and
Herald Society’s Education Initiative of the Year 2009.

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Outstanding Support for Early Career Researchers of the
Year 2010, GCU as a lead with Universities Scotland partners.
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/newsevents/news/bycategory/theuniversity/1/name,15691,en.html

Email has been scanned for viruses by Altman Technologies' email management service - www.altman.co.uk/emailsystems