lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Greg Georges <greg.geor...@biztree.com>
Subject Architecture decisions with Solr
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 19:23:49 GMT
Hello all,

I am looking into an enterprise search solution for our architecture and I am very pleased
to see all the features Solr provides. In our case, we will have a need for a highly scalable
application for multiple clients. This application will be built to serve many users who each
will have a client account. Each client will have a multitude of documents to index (0-1000s
of documents). After discussion we were talking about going multicore and to have one index
file per client account. The reason for this is that security is achieved by having a separate
index for each client etc.. Is this the best approach? How feasible is it (dynamically create
indexes on client account creation. Is it better to go the faceted search capabilities route?
Thanks for your help

Greg