lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Adam Estrada <estrada.adam.gro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Difference between Solr and Lucidworks distribution
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2011 16:29:42 GMT
I believe that the Lucid Works distro for Solr is free and as you mentioned they only appear
to sell their services for it. I have used that version for several demos because it does
seem to have all the bells and whistles already included and it's super easy to set up. The
only downside in my case is that they are still on the official release version 1.4.1 which
has an older version of PDFBox that doesn't parse PDF's generated from newer adobe software.
Thanks Adobe ;-) It's easy enough to just rebuild Tika, PDFBox, FontBox, etc. and swap them
out...If you want spatial support, you can use the plugin from the Spatial Solr project out
of the Netherlands which is designed to support 1.4.1 and from what I can tell seems to work
pretty well.

Anyway, when 4.0 is released, hopefully with the extended spatial support from projects like
SIS and JTS, I hope to see the office distro version change from Lucid.

Thanks for all hard work the Lucid Team has provided over the years!

Adam

On Feb 12, 2011, at 10:55 PM, Andy wrote:

> Now I'm confused.

Enterprise Software is stated as "FREE". I thought the price for "Production" was for the
support service, not for the software.