lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jenny Arduini <jardu...@ittweb.net>
Subject Re: Restart SolR and not Tomcat
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 16:32:51 GMT
If I execute this comand in shell:
curl -u <user>:<password>
http://localhost:8080/manager/html/reload?path=/solr
I get this result:

<head>
<title>401 Unauthorized</title>
<!--
     BODY
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;font-size:12px;}
     H1
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;}
     PRE, TT {border: 1px dotted #525D76}
     A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}
     -->
</head>
<h1>401 Unauthorized</h1>
     You are not authorized to view this page. If you have not changed
     any configuration files, please examine the file
<tt>conf/tomcat-users.xml</tt> in your installation. That
     file must contain the credentials to let you use this webapp.
     For example, to add the <tt>manager-gui</tt> role to a user named
to the
     config file listed above.
<pre>
&lt;role rolename="manager-gui"/&gt;
&lt;user username="tomcat" password="s3cret" roles="manager-gui"/&gt;
</pre>
     Note that for Tomcat 7 onwards, the roles required to use the manager
     application were changed from the single <tt>manager</tt> role to the
     following four roles. You will need to assign the role(s) required for
     the functionality you wish to access.
<ul>
           pages</li>
           status pages</li>
           pages</li>
</ul>
     The HTML interface is protected against CSRF but the text and JMX
interfaces
     are not. To maintain the CSRF protection:
<ul>
<li>if the text or jmx interfaces are accessed through a browser (e.g. for
          testing since these interfaces are intended for tools not
humans) then
          the browser must be closed afterwards to terminate the
session.</li>
</ul>
     For more information - please see the

What do I do of wrong?
But if I show the manager with browser is all ok, and I reload the
application without problem.

Jenny Arduini
I.T.&T. S.r.l.
Strada degli Angariari, 25