lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Koji Sekiguchi <k...@r.email.ne.jp>
Subject Re: SOLR 1.4 and Lucene 3.0.3 index problem
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 16:18:35 GMT
(11/02/01 23:58), Churchill Nanje Mambe wrote:
> am sorry
>   I downloaded the solr released version as I dont know how to build solr
> myself
>   but I wrote my crawler with lucene 3.x
>   now I need solr to search this index so I tried used the solr 1.4 I
> downloaded from the site as the most recent version
>   now I cant seem to read the index. I considered writing my own Servlet
> RESTful API or SOAP webservice but I wish that solr can work so I dont go
> through that stress of recreating what Solr already has
>   so what am I to do ?
>   do you have a higher version of solr that uses lucene 3.x ?? so I can
> download ??

If I remember correctly, Lucene 2.9.4 can read Lucene 3.0 index.
So if your index is written by Lucene 3.0 program, you can use
Solr 1.4.1 with Lucene 2.9.4 libraries.

Or simply use branch_3x, it can be downloaded by using subversion:

$ svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/branch_3x

Koji
--
http://www.rondhuit.com/en/