lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shane Perry <thry...@gmail.com>
Subject DIH - Closing ResultSet in JdbcDataSource
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 19:40:51 GMT
Hi,

I am in the process of migrating our system from Postgres 8.4 to Solr
1.4.1.  Our system is fairly complex and as a result, I have had to define
19 base entities in the data-config.xml definition file.  Each of these
entities executes 5 queries.  When doing a full-import, as each entity
completes, the server hosting Postgres shows 5 "idle in transaction" for the
entity.

In digging through the code, I found that the JdbcDataSource wraps the
ResultSet object in a custom ResultSetIterator object, leaving the ResultSet
open.  Walking through the code I can't find a close() call anywhere on the
ResultSet.  I believe this results in the "idle in transaction" processes.

Am I off base here?  I'm not sure what the overall implications are of the
"idle in transaction" processes, but is there a way I can get around the
issue without importing each entity manually?  Any feedback would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Shane