lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Boesch <java...@gmail.com>
Subject Including Small Amounts of New Data in Searches (MultiSearcher ?)
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 17:37:04 GMT
Solr/lucene newbie here ..

We would like searches against a solr/lucene index to immediately be able to
view data that was added.  I stress "small" amount of new data given that
any significant amount would require excessive  latency.

Looking around, i'm wondering if the direction would be a MultiSearcher
living on top of our standard directory-based IndexReader as well as a
custom Searchable that handles the newest documents - and then combines the
two results?

is that a way to go - and would there be examples of similar
implementations?

thanks!

stephenb