lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>
Subject Re: Showing facet values in alphabetical order
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 19:43:33 GMT
Are you showing the facets with &facet parameters in your request?

Then you can ask for the facets to be returned sorted by byte-order with
facet.sort=index.

Got nothing to do with your schema, let alone your DIH import
configuration that you showed us. Just a matter of how you ask Solr for
facets.

Byte order is not neccesarily exactly  'alphabetical' order, if your
facets are not 7-bit-ascii and/or if they contain punctuation. If your
facet values are just 7-bit ascii characters and spaces, it should
basically be alphabetical order.

But that's all that Solr offers, as far as I know.