lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From sumita <giantmail.sum...@gmail.com>
Subject Embedding SOLR in Dot NET Application
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 09:59:47 GMT

Hi,

I wanted some information about whether it is possible to embed SOLR in a
DOT NET application, something like SOLRJ for Java.  I have searched the net
and found out that both SOLRSHARP and SOLRNET provide apis to query a
running SOLR server(ehich in turn requires a JVM to run).

However, our requirements is a bit different in the sense that we are
looking for a dot net version of the SOLR libraries(dll etc), so that we can
embed it in our application.  Currently, we are using Lucene API in our
application for creating a search engine, but want to shift to SOLR to
implement its inbuilt faceting feature.

Any pointers in this regards would be really helpful.

regards,
Sumita