lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: DIH for taxonomy faceting in Lucid webcast
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2010 23:48:10 GMT

: > : "NonFic/Science", how do I turn that into "0/NonFic"
: > &
: > : "1/NonFic/Science" using the DIH?
: >
: > I don't have any specific suggestions for you -- i've never
: Thanks Chris.
:
: What did you use to generate those encodings if not DIH?

I've used this gereral approach several times -- in most of them i had
other people to write the code for me once i spec'ed it out, and i don't
know how they actually implemented it.

IN two specific cases i do know of: one used custom loader code that was
part of the publishing system for the authoritative data store
(essentially building the individual terms in SolrInputDocuments and
sending them to solr via SolrJ) and the other case i was doing a really
super simple ingestor that batch processed directories of XML files, and
used XSLT to transform them into Solr's XML format (i think the category
"breadcrumb" fields relied heavily on using <xsl:for-each/> in conjunction
with the "position()" function)

-Hoss