lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>
Subject Re: Solr query to get results based on the word length (letter count)
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 17:37:21 GMT
No good way. At indexing time, I'd just store the number of chars in the
title in a field of it's own.  You can possibly do that solely in
schema.xml with clever use of analyzers and copyField.

Solr isn't an rdbms.  Best to de-normalize at index time so what you're
going to want to query is in the index.