lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Bhavnik Gajjar <bhavnik.gaj...@gatewaynintec.com>
Subject Re: Google like search
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 04:44:33 GMT
Hi Satya,

Coming to your original question, there is one possibility to make Solr
emit snippets like Google. Solr query syntax goes like,

http://localhost:8080/solr/DefaultInstance/select/?q=java&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on&hl=true&hl.snippets=5&hl.fl=Field_Text&fl=Field_Text

Note that, the key thing used here is Highlighting feature provided by
Solr. Executing above Solr query will result into two main block of
results. First part would contain normal results, whereas another part
would contain highlighted snippets, based on the parameters provided in
query. One should pickup the later part (snippets) and show it in result
page UI.

Cheers,

Bhavnik Gajjar

On 12/14/2010 8:35 PM, Tanguy Moal wrote:
> To do so, you have several possibilities, I don't know if there is a best one.
>
> It depends pretty much on the format of the input file(s), your
> affinities with a given programing language,some libraries you might
> need and the time you're ready to spend on this task.
>
> Consider having a look at SolrJ  (http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solrj)
> or at the DataImportHandler
> (http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler) .
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Tanguy
>
> 2010/12/14 satya swaroop<satya.yadalam@gmail.com>:
>> Hi Tanguy,
>>                  Thanks for ur reply. sorry to ask this type of question.
>> how can we index each chapter of a file as seperate document.As for i know
>> we just give the path of file to solr to index it... Can u provide me any
>> sources for this type... I mean any blogs or wiki's...
>>
>> Regards,
>> satya

The contents of this eMail including the contents of attachment(s) are privileged and confidential
material of Gateway NINtec Pvt. Ltd. (GNPL) and should not be disclosed to, used by or copied
in any manner by anyone other than the intended addressee(s). If this eMail has been received
by error, please advise the sender immediately and delete it from your system. The views expressed
in this eMail message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views of GNPL. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this eMail or any action taken in reliance
on this eMail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. This eMail may contain viruses.
GNPL has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any
damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this eMail. You should carry out your own
virus checks before opening the eMail or attachment(s). GNPL is neither liable for the proper
and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay
in its receipt. GNPL reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages
sent to or from this eMail address and may be stored on the GNPL eMail system. In case this
eMail has reached you in error, and you  would no longer like to receive eMails from us, then
please send an eMail to dnd@gatewaynintec.com