lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Need some guidance on solr-config settings
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 00:16:21 GMT
On 12/14/2010 5:05 PM, Mark wrote:
> Excellent reply.
>
> You mentioned: "I've been experimenting with FastLRUCache versus
> LRUCache, because I read that below a certain hitratio, the latter is
> better."
>
> Do you happen to remember what that threshold is? Thanks

Looks like it's 75%, and that it's documented in the example solrconfig.xml.

     <!-- There are two implementations of cache available for Solr,
          LRUCache, based on a synchronized LinkedHashMap, and
          FastLRUCache, based on a ConcurrentHashMap.  FastLRUCache has faster gets
          and slower puts in single threaded operation and thus is generally faster
          than LRUCache when the hit ratio of the cache is high (>  75%), and may be
          faster under other scenarios on multi-cpu systems. -->