lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject Re: geospatial search support for SOLR 1.3 and 1.4?
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2010 15:06:52 GMT
You should upgrade indeed and use a 3rd-party plugin or wait for current trunk
(Solr 4) or branch 3.x to be released but that might take a while.

But if your data set is small enough and you don't have many updates you could
compute the distance sets outside Solr once a day as we did in 1.3. But we
only used it to show near by items for a given document, no distance sorting.

--
Markus Jelsma - CTO - Openindex
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markus17