lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Brown" <Jason.Br...@sjp.co.uk>
Subject RE: Boost on newer documents
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 16:36:28 GMT
Great - Thank You.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mat Brown [mailto:mat@patch.com]
Sent: Mon 29/11/2010 16:33
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Boost on newer documents

Hi Jason,

You can use boost functions in the dismax handler to do this:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DisMaxQParserPlugin#bf_.28Boost_Functions.29

Mat

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 11:28, Jason Brown <Jason.Brown@sjp.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use the dismax query to search across several fields.
>
> I find I have a lot of documents with the same document name (one of the fields that
the dismax queries) so I wanted to adjust the relevance so that titles with a newer published
date have a higher relevance than documents with the same title but are older. Does anyone
know how I can achieve this?