lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Savvas-Andreas Moysidis <savvas.andreas.moysi...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Wildcard weirdness
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 17:15:36 GMT
One place to start would be the Analysis page http://{your
machine}:{port}/solr/admin/analysis.jsp?highlight=on
There you can see exactly what happens to your query as it being moved down
the Analysis chain.

In my knowledge, no analysis is performed on wildcarded terms so my guess
would be that the analysis chain modifies (e.g. lowercases/stems) and
indexes your terms this way and you can't have a match.
If for instance, your indexed term is lowercased to o'connor and you are
searching for O'Conno* then Solr will look for any terms starting with O'Conno
and *not* o'conno .

But like mentioned above, the Analysis page is usually very helpful in
situations like that. :)

hope that helps