lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: facetting when using field collapsing
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 14:12:19 GMT

On 07.11.2010, at 20:13, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am pondering making use of field collapsing. I am currently indexing clauses (sections)
inside UN documents:
> http://resolutionfinder.org/search/unifiedResults?q=africa&=&t[22]=medication&dc=&st=clause
>
> Now since right now my data set is still fairly small I am doing field collapsing in
userland:
> http://resolutionfinder.org/search/unifiedResults?q=africa&=&t[22]=medication&dc=&st=document
>
> However while this works alright (not ideal, since I am fetching essentially the entire
result set and not paged as for clauses) etc, I still have no idea how to get the facet filters
to display the right counts. So I am wondering if field collapsing in its current form supports
faceting, since its not mentioned on the wiki page:
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FieldCollapsing

The above wiki page seems to be out of date. Reading the comments in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-236
it seems like "group" should be replaced with "collapse".

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org