lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Termvector based result grouping / field collapsing?
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 22:17:48 GMT
I was just in a meeting where we discussed customer feedback on our
website.  One thing that the users would like to see is "galleries"
where photos that are part of a set are grouped together under a single
result.  This is basically field collapsing.

The problem I've got is that for most of our content, there's nothing to
tie different photos together in a coherent way other than similar
language in fields like the caption.  Is it feasible to use termvector
information to automatically group documents with similar (but not
identical) data in one or more fields?

Thanks,
Shawn