lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>
Subject Re: Query question
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 15:00:18 GMT
I think you'll find the dismax request handler helpful in general, it
supports more flexible query wrangling like that.

With the dismax request handler, I think the bq (boost query) parameter
will do what you need, eg:

 bq=city:Chicago^5.0

The ^5.0 is how much boost you want, you can play around with it to see
what works well for your use cases.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DisMaxQParserPlugin