lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl / Cominvent <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Replication and ignored fields
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 08:33:28 GMT
Not sure about that. I have read that the replication handler actually issues a commit() on
itself once the index is downloaded.

But probably a better way for Markus' case is to hook the prune job on the master, writing
to another core (myIndexPruned). Then you replicate from that core instead, and you also get
the benefit of transferring a smaller index across the network.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

On 8. nov. 2010, at 23.50, Shalin Shekhar Mangar wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
> <jan.asf@cominvent.com> wrote:
>>
>> How about hooking in  Andrzej's pruning tool at the postCommit event, literally removing
unused fields. I believe a "commit" is fired on the slave by itself after every successful
replication, to put