lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Allistair Crossley <...@roxxor.co.uk>
Subject Re: What is the maximum number of documents that can be indexed ?
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 12:08:13 GMT
i think you answered the question by yourself ... these questions usually get the response
that there is no answer. solr/lucence scale and distribute to whatever hardware you want to
throw them.

you probably want to turn the question around - what is the maximum number of documents that
your system *wants/will need to* index over 1, 2, 5, 10 years? at what rate? wat what load?
design your architecture/hardware to the requirement.